The Weddings of Tilos
2022 | Greece | 74 min
by Panayotis Evangelidis
Original version: greek
Subtitles: english, romanian
In the year 2008 the mayor of the small island of Tilos in the Aegean Sea agreed to perform the first gay and lesbian civil marriages ever done in Greece. And this in spite of existing opposition and especially the publicly expressed warning against it from Greece’s attorney General. So in June of the same year a lesbian and a gay couple were the first ever in Greece to celebrate their civil union. The film follows the story of these two civil marriages from material that was shot then ad hoc and also the gay Pride of the same year, press conferences and other demonstrations concerning the same subject.
- Access to all the films is offered free of charge by the organisers.
- All the films are subtitled in Romanian and English.
- The films can be viewed offline only, during the Festival days.
- Pirating the films is strictly forbidden.
- Certain films will be followed by Q&A sessions.